Board games have been a beloved pastime for people of all ages for centuries. From Monopoly to Scrabble, these games bring people together, fostering friendly competition and bonding. But where do people play these games? Is it in the comfort of their own homes, or do they gather in specific locations? In this exploration, we’ll delve into the diverse places where people congregate to play board games, from cozy cafes to lively game stores. Whether you’re a seasoned gamer or just starting out, join us as we uncover the many destinations where board game enthusiasts unite.
Homebound: The Comfort of Playing Board Games at Home
Board games have always been a popular pastime for families and friends, and with the rise of online shopping and delivery services, it’s now easier than ever to enjoy a wide variety of board games from the comfort of your own home. In this section, we’ll explore the unique experience of playing board games in the privacy of your own home, and the many benefits that come with it.
The Benefits of Playing Board Games at Home
One of the biggest advantages of playing board games at home is the familiarity of your surroundings. You don’t have to worry about finding a new location or being in unfamiliar surroundings, which can be stressful for some people. Instead, you can relax in the comfort of your own home, surrounded by your own belongings and with all the comforts of home at your disposal.
Another advantage of playing board games at home is the convenience. You don’t have to worry about traveling to a specific location or coordinating schedules with friends or family members. You can simply invite your loved ones over, or even play games remotely with friends or family members who live far away.
Control Over Environment
When you play board games at home, you have complete control over the environment. You can choose the lighting, music, and even the snacks and drinks that you enjoy while playing. This allows you to create a personalized experience that is tailored to your own preferences and makes the game more enjoyable for everyone involved.
Tips for Hosting a Successful Board Game Night at Home
One of the keys to hosting a successful board game night at home is to plan ahead. Make sure you have all the necessary board games and accessories, and that you have enough seating and lighting for everyone. You may also want to consider setting up a separate area for snacks and drinks, and creating a playlist of music to set the mood.
Another important tip is to involve everyone in the planning and preparation process. Ask your guests what their favorite board games are, and consider their preferences when selecting games to play. You may also want to ask for help with setting up the room or preparing snacks and drinks.
Finally, it’s important to be flexible and open to trying new things. Don’t be afraid to mix and match different games or try out new strategies. And if something isn’t working, don’t be afraid to try something different. The most important thing is to have fun and enjoy the experience with your loved ones.
Creating a Cozy Gaming Environment
When creating a cozy gaming environment at home, the atmosphere plays a crucial role in setting the tone for a memorable game night. Consider the following elements to achieve the perfect ambiance:
- Soft lighting: Dim, warm lighting creates a relaxed and inviting atmosphere, reducing eye strain and promoting a sense of comfort.
- Aroma: Use scented candles or diffusers to infuse the room with pleasant aromas that can enhance the overall experience and evoke nostalgic memories.
- Background music: Choose soft, instrumental music or nature sounds to create a calming environment that does not distract from the gameplay.
Lighting is an essential aspect of creating a cozy gaming environment. Proper lighting can enhance the gameplay experience and create a welcoming atmosphere. Here are some lighting tips for a homebound game night:
- Ambient lighting: Use lamps or table lights to create a soft, warm glow that illuminates the game area without being too harsh.
- Task lighting: Position task lights or lamps over the game board to provide focused lighting for reading rules and game pieces.
- Dimming: Choose lamps or lights with dimming capabilities to adjust the brightness according to the time of day or mood.
Snacks and Beverages
Snacks and beverages are indispensable components of a fun and relaxed game night. They not only provide sustenance but also serve as a social lubricant, fostering conversation and laughter among players. When selecting snacks and beverages for your homebound game night, consider the following:
- Finger foods: Opt for easy-to-eat snacks that can be enjoyed without requiring utensils, such as cut-up vegetables, cheese and crackers, or mini sandwiches.
- Beverages: Offer a variety of beverages to cater to different tastes, including water, soda, tea, and coffee. Consider adding a themed drink or cocktail to enhance the gaming experience.
- Preparation: Prepare snacks and beverages in advance to ensure a seamless game night without interruptions for refilling or replenishing supplies.
Choosing the Right Board Games for Home Play
When it comes to playing board games at home, choosing the right game is crucial to ensure a fun and enjoyable experience for all players. Here are some factors to consider when selecting a board game for home play:
One important factor to consider when choosing a board game for home play is the age appropriateness of the game. Board games come in a wide range of complexity levels, from simple games suitable for young children to more complex games that require strategic thinking and problem-solving skills. It’s important to choose a game that is appropriate for the age and skill level of the players. For example, if the players are young children, a game with simple rules and colorful pieces may be more suitable. If the players are teenagers or adults, a game with more complex rules and strategic gameplay may be more enjoyable.
Another important factor to consider when choosing a board game for home play is the skill level of the players. Some board games require a high level of strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, while others are more straightforward and easy to play. It’s important to choose a game that is challenging but not frustratingly difficult for the players. If the players are new to board games, it may be best to choose a game with simple rules and easy-to-understand gameplay. If the players are experienced gamers, a more complex game with deeper strategy and player interaction may be more enjoyable.
Finally, it’s important to consider the number of players when choosing a board game for home play. Some board games are designed for only two players, while others can accommodate up to six or more players. It’s important to choose a game that is suitable for the number of players who will be participating. If there are only two players, a game that focuses on deep strategy and player interaction may be more enjoyable. If there are more players, a game that allows for more player interaction and collaboration may be more enjoyable.
In conclusion, choosing the right board game for home play is crucial to ensure a fun and enjoyable experience for all players. By considering factors such as age appropriateness, skill level, and player count, players can choose a game that is suitable for their needs and preferences. Whether it’s a simple game for young children or a complex game for experienced gamers, there is a board game out there for everyone.
Hosting Board Game Nights with Friends and Family
Hosting board game nights with friends and family is a popular way to enjoy board games in the comfort of one’s own home. Here are some key considerations for hosting a successful board game night:
- Choose a suitable board game or games that cater to the interests and preferences of all the participants.
- Prepare snacks and drinks that will be enjoyed by everyone.
- Clear the space where the board game will be played to ensure there is enough room for all players.
- Make sure that all necessary game components are easily accessible and organized.
- Establish a clear schedule for the game night, including start and end times.
- Assign roles for each player, such as game leader or scorekeeper, to keep everyone involved and engaged.
- Set up the game board and game pieces according to the instructions provided with the game.
- Keep track of the progress of the game and ensure that all players are following the rules.
- Post-Game Wrap-Up:
- Gather feedback from all players on their experience and how the game night could be improved in the future.
- Clean up the game components and the playing area to return it to its original state.
- Thank all participants for attending and express gratitude for the enjoyable evening spent together.
By following these steps, hosting a board game night with friends and family can be a memorable and enjoyable experience for all involved.
Cafes and Libraries: Public Spaces for Board Game Enthusiasts
Cafes and libraries are two popular public spaces where board game enthusiasts gather to play their favorite games. These locations offer a welcoming environment, ample space, and access to resources that make for an enjoyable gaming experience.
Cafes have become a hub for board game enthusiasts to come together and enjoy their favorite games. With their cozy atmosphere and comfortable seating, cafes provide the perfect setting for a casual game night. Many cafes even offer a selection of board games for customers to borrow, making it easy for players to try out new games.
One of the advantages of playing board games in a cafe is the opportunity to socialize with other players. Cafes often have a friendly and welcoming atmosphere, making it easy for strangers to strike up a conversation and make new friends. In addition, cafes typically offer food and drinks, providing a convenient way to fuel up during a long game session.
Libraries are another popular location for board game enthusiasts to gather and play. Many libraries have a dedicated section for board games, allowing patrons to borrow games for free and play them within the library. This provides a convenient and cost-effective way for people to try out new games without having to make a purchase.
Playing board games in a library also offers a quiet and peaceful environment, making it ideal for players who prefer a more serene setting. In addition, libraries often have tables and chairs that can accommodate multiple players, making it easy to set up a game with friends.
In conclusion, cafes and libraries are two excellent public spaces for board game enthusiasts to gather and play their favorite games. These locations offer a welcoming environment, ample space, and access to resources that make for an enjoyable gaming experience. Whether you prefer the cozy atmosphere of a cafe or the quiet and peaceful setting of a library, there is a public space that is perfect for your next game night.
Cafes: A Trendy Spot for Gaming
Gaming cafes have become increasingly popular in recent years, offering a unique experience for board game enthusiasts. These cafes are designed specifically for gaming, providing a comfortable and welcoming environment for patrons to enjoy their favorite board games.
Casual Dining Experience
Gaming cafes often offer a casual dining experience, with a menu that includes snacks and drinks that are perfect for gaming sessions. Customers can enjoy a variety of options, such as coffee, tea, soda, and a selection of baked goods and sandwiches.
Socializing with Friends
One of the main attractions of gaming cafes is the opportunity to socialize with friends. Many cafes offer a variety of games, so customers can choose the one that best suits their interests and preferences. In addition, gaming cafes often host events and tournaments, which provide an opportunity for customers to meet new people and make new friends.
Overall, gaming cafes have become a trendy spot for board game enthusiasts, offering a unique and enjoyable experience for those who love to play board games.
Libraries: A Haven for Intellectual Board Game Play
- Library Board Game Collections
- Many libraries around the world have started to expand their collections to include board games. These games are often categorized by age and interest, allowing patrons to easily find games that suit their preferences.
- Some libraries even have dedicated board game sections, where patrons can check out games for a certain period of time and return them in good condition.
- The selection of board games in libraries is diverse, ranging from classic games like Monopoly and Scrabble to modern strategy games like Settlers of Catan and Ticket to Ride.
- Gaming Events and Tournaments
- Many libraries also host gaming events and tournaments for patrons to participate in. These events are often free and open to the public, and can range from casual game nights to more competitive tournaments.
- Libraries may also host special events for specific age groups, such as teen game nights or senior game days.
- Some libraries even partner with local game stores to bring in experts and provide more in-depth game play sessions.
- Promoting Education and Interaction
- The primary goal of libraries is to promote education and provide resources for the community. By offering board games, libraries are able to provide an interactive and engaging way for patrons to learn and grow.
- Board games can be used to teach a variety of subjects, such as strategy, critical thinking, and problem-solving.
- In addition, playing board games with others can help to build social skills and foster community interaction.
Local Game Stores: A Hub for Board Game Enthusiasts
Local game stores (LGS) have become increasingly popular destinations for board game enthusiasts. These specialty stores cater to the needs of avid gamers, offering a wide range of board games, card games, and accessories. The atmosphere in an LGS is welcoming and conducive to socializing, making it an ideal location for people to gather and enjoy their favorite games.
One of the primary advantages of LGS is the variety of games available. These stores carry a vast selection of games, ranging from classic titles to the latest releases. This allows customers to explore new games and expand their collection, while also discovering hidden gems that they may not have found elsewhere.
Another key aspect of LGS is the sense of community that they foster. These stores often host events and tournaments, which bring gamers together and encourage friendly competition. Additionally, many LGS offer space for customers to play games and socialize, providing a comfortable and engaging environment for people to spend their leisure time.
Moreover, LGS typically have knowledgeable and passionate staff members who are dedicated to helping customers find the perfect game for their interests. These experts can provide recommendations based on a customer’s preferred genre or game mechanics, ensuring that each gaming experience is tailored to the individual’s preferences.
In conclusion, local game stores offer a unique and engaging environment for board game enthusiasts. They provide a diverse selection of games, a sense of community, and expert guidance, making them an ideal destination for people to gather and enjoy their favorite pastime.
A Community Space for Gaming Enthusiasts
Game Demonstrations and Workshops
Local game stores often host game demonstrations and workshops for customers. These events provide an opportunity for newcomers to learn about different board games and try them out before purchasing. They also offer a chance for experienced players to hone their skills and learn new strategies.
During a game demonstration, a store employee or volunteer will teach players the rules of the game and guide them through a sample game. This allows players to get a feel for the game’s mechanics and decide if it’s something they would like to play further.
Workshops, on the other hand, are typically led by experienced players or game designers. They may focus on a specific aspect of board game design, such as game mechanics or theme development. These workshops provide a unique opportunity for aspiring game designers to learn from experts in the field and gain insight into the board game industry.
Socializing with Other Gamers
Local game stores also serve as a community space for gaming enthusiasts. Many players enjoy the social aspect of board gaming and look forward to meeting other like-minded individuals. Local game stores often host events and tournaments that provide opportunities for players to connect and socialize.
In addition to organized events, players may simply gather at the store to play games together. This can lead to lasting friendships and a sense of community among players. Some stores even have a dedicated space for players to hang out and socialize, with comfortable seating and refreshments available.
Overall, local game stores serve as a hub for board game enthusiasts, providing a space for players to learn, socialize, and connect with others who share their passion for board games.
Building Relationships with Local Game Stores
Local game stores (LGS) serve as essential gathering places for board game enthusiasts, providing not only a vast selection of games but also a community space for players to connect and share their passion. Building relationships with LGS can yield numerous benefits for avid gamers, including exclusive events, discounts, and the opportunity to support local businesses.
- Customer Loyalty Programs: Many LGS offer customer loyalty programs that reward regular patrons with discounts, exclusive merchandise, or access to special events. By participating in these programs, gamers can not only save money on their purchases but also strengthen their connection to the store and its staff.
- Exclusive Events and Discounts: LGS often host events such as tournaments, demo nights, and meet-and-greets with game designers. By engaging with the store’s events, players can expand their gaming horizons, make new friends, and receive special discounts on games and accessories.
- Supporting Local Businesses: Shopping at LGS helps support the local economy and maintains a thriving gaming culture in the community. By frequenting these stores, gamers contribute to the continued existence of a dedicated space for board game enthusiasts, ensuring the growth and vitality of the hobby for years to come.
Traveling the World: Board Game Events and Conventions
For many board game enthusiasts, traveling to different locations around the world to attend board game events and conventions has become a popular hobby. These events provide an opportunity for players to gather together, share their love for board games, and try out the latest releases.
Some of the most popular board game events and conventions take place in major cities around the world, such as Berlin, Essen, and Paris. These events often attract thousands of attendees and feature a wide range of activities, including tournaments, workshops, and demos.
One of the most well-known board game conventions is the International Spieltage in Essen, Germany. This event is held annually and is considered the largest board game convention in the world. It features over 1,000 exhibitors from around the globe and attracts tens of thousands of attendees.
Other notable board game events include the GAMA Trade Show in Las Vegas, the UK Games Expo in Birmingham, and the Gen Con in Indianapolis. These events offer a unique opportunity for board game enthusiasts to connect with other players, meet designers and publishers, and discover new games.
Attending board game events and conventions also provides a chance to explore the local culture and attractions of the host city. Many attendees take advantage of this opportunity to combine their love for board games with a travel adventure.
In addition to the major events, there are also numerous smaller board game meetups and gatherings that take place in cities around the world. These informal gatherings provide an opportunity for players to connect with others in their local community and share their passion for board games.
Overall, traveling to board game events and conventions has become a popular activity for many board game enthusiasts. It provides an opportunity to connect with other players, discover new games, and explore different parts of the world.
Board Game Conventions
- Gen Con
- Gen Con, also known as the “Best Four Days in Gaming,” is one of the largest and most well-known board game conventions in the world.
- It is held annually in Indianapolis, Indiana, and attracts thousands of attendees from all over the globe.
- The convention features a wide variety of events, including tournaments, demonstrations, and panels, as well as a massive exhibit hall where attendees can purchase the latest board games and accessories.
- Essen Spiel
- Essen Spiel, also known as the “Father of All Game Fairs,” is the largest and most important board game convention in the world.
- It is held annually in Essen, Germany, and attracts tens of thousands of attendees from all over the globe.
- Tokyo Game Show
- The Tokyo Game Show is one of the largest and most important video game conventions in the world, but it also features a significant board game presence.
- It is held annually in Tokyo, Japan, and attracts tens of thousands of attendees from all over the globe.
Exploring the Culture of Board Games in Different Countries
- European Board Game Culture
- The Origins of Modern Board Games
- The influence of European history and tradition on board game design
- The role of European board game companies in shaping the industry
- Popular European Board Games
- Germany: Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride
- France: Twilight Struggle, Liberté
- Spain: Hispania, Quoridor
- The Importance of Strategy and Tactics in European Board Games
- The emphasis on careful planning and decision-making in European board games
- The influence of chess and other strategy games on European board game design
- The Origins of Modern Board Games
- Asian Board Game Culture
- The Influence of Traditional Asian Games on Modern Board Games
- The role of traditional Asian games like Go and Shogi in the development of modern board games
- The incorporation of Asian themes and mechanics into modern board games
- Popular Asian Board Games
- Japan: Tokaido, Kigi
- China: Takenoko, Terraforming Mars
- Korea: The Mind, Gloomhaven
- The Importance of Social Interaction and Cooperation in Asian Board Games
- The emphasis on working together and building relationships in Asian board games
- The influence of Asian culture on the social aspects of board game design
- The Influence of Traditional Asian Games on Modern Board Games
- American Board Game Culture
- The Emergence of American Board Games
- The impact of American culture and industry on the development of modern board games
- The role of American board game companies in shaping the industry
- Popular American Board Games
- Monopoly, Risk
- Catan, Settlers of Catan
- Pandemic, Ticket to Ride
- The Importance of Accessibility and Family Fun in American Board Games
- The emphasis on ease of play and enjoyment for all ages in American board games
- The influence of American culture on the design of family-friendly board games
- The Emergence of American Board Games
Online Gaming Communities: Connecting with Gamers Worldwide
In recent years, the internet has revolutionized the way people interact and engage in leisure activities. One of the most popular online pastimes is playing board games with others from around the world. Online gaming communities have become a hub for people to connect, socialize, and enjoy their favorite board games without the need for physical proximity.
One of the most significant advantages of online gaming communities is the ability to connect with gamers from different parts of the world. This allows people to expand their social circle and meet new friends who share their interests. Online gaming communities offer a wide range of board games to choose from, catering to different tastes and preferences. Whether you are a fan of strategy games, puzzle games, or social games, there is a vast selection of games available to play online.
Another benefit of online gaming communities is the convenience they offer. With the ability to access these communities from the comfort of your own home, people can enjoy their favorite board games at any time, day or night. This eliminates the need to schedule game nights with friends or travel to a physical location to play. Additionally, online gaming communities offer a range of game modes, including single-player, multiplayer, and virtual reality, providing a diverse gaming experience for players.
However, despite the many benefits of online gaming communities, there are also some drawbacks to consider. One of the main concerns is the potential for cyberbullying and toxic behavior. As with any online community, it is essential to be aware of the risks and take appropriate precautions to ensure a safe and enjoyable gaming experience.
Overall, online gaming communities offer a unique and convenient way for people to connect and play board games with others from around the world. With a vast selection of games, diverse game modes, and the opportunity to meet new friends, these communities provide a fun and engaging way to spend your free time.
Online Board Game Platforms
Board Game Arena
- Board Game Arena is a popular online platform that offers a wide range of board games to play.
- The platform has a user-friendly interface and is accessible from any device with an internet connection.
- Players can join games with other players from around the world, making it a great way to connect with other gamers.
- Board Game Arena offers both free and paid games, with the paid games offering more features and options.
- Tabletopia is another online platform that offers a variety of board games to play.
- The platform has a virtual tabletop environment that allows players to interact with the game pieces and the board.
- Tabletopia offers both free and paid games, with the paid games offering more features and options.
- The platform also offers the ability to create and share custom games, making it a great tool for board game designers.
Board Game Playground
- Board Game Playground is an online platform that offers a smaller selection of board games to play.
- The platform has a simple and intuitive interface that makes it easy to find and join games.
- Board Game Playground offers both free and paid games, with the paid games offering more features and options.
Overall, online board game platforms offer a great way for people to connect with other gamers and play a wide variety of board games from the comfort of their own homes. These platforms provide a convenient and accessible way for people to enjoy their favorite board games, no matter where they are in the world.
Building Online Friendships and Communities
- Discord Server
- A hub for gaming enthusiasts to connect and share their love for board games
- Users can join servers dedicated to specific games or broader communities of players
- Voice and text chat functionality allows for real-time gameplay and discussion
- Reddit Subreddits
- Platform for sharing and discussing various topics, including board games
- Subreddits dedicated to specific games or broader board game communities
- Users can share tips, strategies, and game reviews
- Twitter Hashtags
- Social media platform for sharing updates and engaging with others
- Users can follow board game-related accounts and participate in discussions using relevant hashtags
- Can discover new games and connect with other players through shared interests.
Inclusive Gaming Spaces: Creating Accessible Environments for All
As the popularity of board games continues to grow, it is important for gaming spaces to become more inclusive and accessible to people of all abilities and backgrounds. This means designing gaming spaces that are physically accessible, culturally sensitive, and welcoming to people from diverse communities.
One way to create inclusive gaming spaces is to prioritize accessibility in the design of the physical space. This can include features such as wide doorways, ramps, and accessible restrooms, as well as sensory-friendly lighting and noise levels. Inclusive gaming spaces should also be equipped with a variety of game options that cater to different ages, abilities, and interests.
In addition to physical accessibility, it is important for gaming spaces to be culturally sensitive and welcoming to people from diverse backgrounds. This can include offering games and materials in multiple languages, as well as providing spaces for people to practice their religion or cultural traditions. It is also important to create a zero-tolerance policy for harassment and discrimination, and to actively promote a culture of inclusivity and respect.
Another key aspect of creating inclusive gaming spaces is to hire staff and volunteers who reflect the diversity of the community. This can help to ensure that people from all backgrounds feel welcome and included, and that their needs and concerns are taken into account.
Ultimately, creating inclusive gaming spaces requires a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at all levels of the organization. By prioritizing accessibility, cultural sensitivity, and respect, gaming spaces can become vibrant and welcoming communities where people of all backgrounds can come together to enjoy the joy of playing board games.
Accessibility in Public Spaces
- Ensuring Physical Accessibility
- Wheelchair Accessibility: Providing ramps, elevators, and wide doorways to accommodate wheelchairs and other mobility aids.
- Hearing and Visual Impairments: Offering assistive listening devices, sign language interpretation, and visual aids such as closed captioning or audio descriptions.
- Addressing Cognitive and Mental Health Considerations
- Neurodiversity: Creating a welcoming environment for individuals with autism or ADHD by providing sensory-friendly spaces, quiet areas, and adjustable lighting.
- Mental Health: Supporting emotional well-being through accessible mental health resources and inclusive social events.
Inclusive gaming spaces go beyond physical accessibility, addressing cognitive and mental health considerations to ensure that everyone can enjoy board games in a safe and welcoming environment.
Inclusive Board Game Design and Development
Diversity in Board Game Themes
Inclusive board game design and development is an essential aspect of creating accessible environments for all. By incorporating diversity in board game themes, game designers can ensure that their games appeal to a broader range of players. This includes representation of different cultures, traditions, and histories in the game’s narrative and artwork.
Accessible Game Mechanics
Accessible game mechanics are crucial in making board games accessible to players with different abilities. This includes designing games that can be played with assistive technology, using simple and straightforward rules, and providing alternative ways of playing the game. For example, games can be designed with larger pieces for players with visual impairments or with simplified rules for players with cognitive disabilities.
Representation in Game Artwork and Characters
Representation in game artwork and characters is an essential aspect of inclusive board game design and development. This includes creating diverse characters with different ethnicities, genders, and abilities, as well as using culturally appropriate imagery and language. By providing representation in game artwork and characters, game designers can ensure that players feel included and represented in the games they play.
1. What are some common locations where people play board games?
Board games can be played in a variety of locations, both indoors and outdoors. Some common locations include homes, game stores, cafes, bars, libraries, and community centers. Many people also enjoy playing board games at parties, family gatherings, and other social events.
2. What are some benefits of playing board games in different locations?
Playing board games in different locations can offer a range of benefits. For example, playing at home allows players to relax and enjoy the game in a comfortable environment. Playing at a cafe or bar can provide a fun and social atmosphere, while playing at a library or community center can offer a quiet and educational setting. Additionally, playing at different locations can expose players to new people, ideas, and perspectives.
3. Are there any board game clubs or groups that meet in specific locations?
Yes, there are many board game clubs and groups that meet in specific locations. These groups often meet regularly to play a variety of board games and can be found in many cities and towns. Some groups meet at game stores, while others meet at community centers or libraries. Additionally, many online communities exist where players can connect with others and organize games in various locations.
4. Are there any board games that are specifically designed to be played in certain locations?
Yes, there are many board games that are specifically designed to be played in certain locations. For example, some games are designed to be played outdoors, while others are designed to be played in a specific type of location, such as a cafe or bar. Some games also include rules or mechanics that are designed to be played in specific locations, such as games that involve exploring a city or traveling to different locations.
5. Can people play board games online?
Yes, people can play board games online. Many board game companies offer online versions of their games, and there are also a variety of online communities where players can connect with others and play games together. Online games can be played on a computer or mobile device and offer a convenient and accessible way to play board games from anywhere.