Are you an anime enthusiast looking for a new game to add to your gaming collection? Look no further! With so many games out there, it can be hard to decide which ones to try. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll explore some of the best games that are perfect for anime fans. From action-packed adventures to role-playing games that will transport you to new worlds, there’s something for everyone. So grab a snack, get comfortable, and get ready to discover your new favorite game!
If you enjoy anime, there are several games that you may enjoy playing. One popular option is “Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm” which is a fighting game based on the popular anime series. Another option is “Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle” which is a mobile game that allows players to collect and battle characters from the Dragon Ball Z series. If you enjoy puzzle games, “Puyo Puyo Tetris” is a great option that combines the gameplay of Puyo Puyo and Tetris with characters and animations from popular anime series.
Best anime-inspired games to play
1. Persona 5
Why it’s worth playing
- Engaging storyline: Persona 5 offers a compelling narrative that draws you in and keeps you hooked until the very end. The story revolves around a group of high school students who become involved in a conspiracy involving various government officials and corporate leaders.
- Unique blend of RPG and simulation gameplay: The game combines elements of both RPG and simulation genres, allowing players to explore the game’s world, engage in battles, and interact with other characters. The game’s unique blend of genres adds to its overall appeal.
- Memorable characters and relationships: Persona 5 features a diverse cast of characters, each with their own unique personalities and backstories. Players will have the opportunity to form relationships with these characters, which can have a significant impact on the game’s story and ending.
Tips for playing
- Build your social links to gain new abilities: One of the key aspects of Persona 5 is building relationships with other characters, known as “social links.” These relationships can unlock new abilities and Personas, which are essential for defeating tough enemies.
- Keep track of your resources and manage them wisely: Persona 5 has a variety of resources, such as money, items, and experience points, that players need to manage carefully. It’s important to keep track of these resources and use them wisely to ensure success in battle.
- Explore different routes for different endings: Persona 5 has multiple endings, depending on the choices you make throughout the game. Exploring different routes and making different choices can lead to different outcomes, adding to the game’s replay value.
NieR:Automata is a game that combines fast-paced action gameplay with beautiful and varied environments, making it a must-play for fans of anime. The game’s unique storyline, featuring interesting characters, also adds to its appeal.
- Master the combo system for better combat: One of the key aspects of NieR:Automata is its combat system, which requires players to master a variety of combos in order to defeat enemies effectively. Practice and experiment with different combos to find the ones that work best for you.
- Upgrade your weapons and abilities to progress: As you progress through the game, you’ll encounter tougher enemies and challenges that require you to upgrade your weapons and abilities. Make sure to collect as many resources as you can, and spend them wisely to build the best possible loadout for each encounter.
- Explore for hidden secrets and boss fights: NieR:Automata is full of hidden secrets and boss fights that can be difficult to find without some guidance. Take the time to explore the game’s environments and talk to NPCs to uncover these hidden treasures, and prepare yourself for the challenges that lie ahead.
3. Yakuza series
- Engaging storyline with interesting characters
- Wide variety of mini-games and side quests
- Authentic Japanese setting and culture
The Yakuza series is a must-play for any fan of anime-inspired games. With its engaging storyline, intriguing characters, and authentic Japanese setting, it offers a truly immersive experience. The series follows the story of Kazuma Kiryu, a former yakuza member, as he navigates the criminal underworld of Japan.
One of the standout features of the Yakuza series is its wide variety of mini-games and side quests. From karaoke to arcade games, there’s something for everyone. These mini-games also provide a welcome break from the intense combat and drama of the main storyline.
Another reason to play the Yakuza series is its authentic Japanese setting and culture. The series is set in various districts of Tokyo, and each one offers a unique experience. From the bustling streets of Shinjuku to the traditional atmosphere of Asakusa, players will feel like they’re exploring the real Japan.
- Complete substories for additional background and character development
- Experiment with different mini-games for a break from combat
- Explore the different districts of Tokyo for unique experiences
To get the most out of the Yakuza series, players should complete as many substories as possible. These substories offer additional background information on the characters and help to flesh out the world of the game. They also provide a chance to see different sides of Japan and its culture.
Players should also experiment with different mini-games to break up the combat and drama of the main storyline. From baseball to hostess clubs, there’s a wide variety of activities to try. This will help to keep the game feeling fresh and exciting.
Finally, players should take the time to explore the different districts of Tokyo. Each one offers a unique experience, and it’s worth taking a break from the main storyline to wander the streets and see what’s available. This will help to make the game feel more immersive and provide a sense of the real Japan.
4. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
- The game boasts deep tactical gameplay that is sure to keep players engaged. With each battle requiring strategic thinking and careful planning, players will need to make tough decisions in order to emerge victorious.
- One of the standout features of Fire Emblem: Three Houses is its high replayability. With multiple story paths to choose from, players can experience the game in different ways and make different choices that will impact the outcome of the story.
The game’s characters and relationships are also a highlight. With a cast of engaging and well-developed characters, players will find themselves invested in their stories and rooting for their success.
When choosing your house and teacher, consider your preferred playstyle and the strengths and weaknesses of each option. Some houses and teachers may be better suited for players who prefer a more aggressive approach, while others may be better for those who prefer a more defensive strategy.
- Building relationships with your students is crucial for success in battle. By fostering bonds and trust with your characters, you’ll be able to unlock powerful support conversations that will boost their abilities in battle.
- Terrain and environment play a big role in battles, so make sure to use them to your advantage. Positioning your characters in strategic locations and using the environment to your advantage can mean the difference between victory and defeat.
5. Cyberpunk 2077
Cyberpunk 2077 is a highly immersive game set in a dystopian future, where players can explore a sprawling cyberpunk world filled with high-tech gadgets, advanced AI, and cybernetic enhancements. The game’s stunning visuals and detailed character customization options allow players to create their own unique cyberpunk characters, complete with a wide range of customizable cybernetic implants and stylish clothing.
One of the most exciting aspects of Cyberpunk 2077 is its combat and stealth gameplay, which offers players a wide range of options for dealing with enemies. Players can engage in intense gunfights, use stealth to sneak past enemies, or even hack into enemy systems to gain an advantage.
To get the most out of Cyberpunk 2077, players should take the time to carefully choose their skills and equipment before embarking on missions. The game’s vast open-world environment is filled with side quests and hidden secrets, so players should be sure to explore thoroughly to uncover everything the game has to offer.
When engaging in combat or stealth gameplay, players should use stealth and hacking to avoid detection and engage in combat when necessary. Cyberpunk 2077’s combat system is highly dynamic, so players should be prepared to adapt their tactics on the fly to overcome challenges and defeat enemies.
6. Guilty Gear Strive
Guilty Gear Strive is a highly acclaimed 2D fighting game that is well worth checking out if you’re a fan of anime. With its unique and memorable characters, deep and strategic gameplay mechanics, and fast-paced action, it’s a must-play for any anime enthusiast.
If you’re looking to get the most out of your experience with Guilty Gear Strive, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Master the controls and mechanics for better performance: The game has a steep learning curve, so it’s important to take the time to learn the ins and outs of the controls and mechanics. This will help you perform better in battles and make it easier to execute special moves and combos.
- Experiment with different characters and playstyles: Guilty Gear Strive features a wide cast of unique and memorable characters, each with their own set of special moves and playstyles. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different characters to find the one that best suits your playstyle.
- Watch replays and tutorials for strategy tips and tricks: With its deep and strategic gameplay mechanics, Guilty Gear Strive can be a tough game to master. Luckily, there are plenty of resources available online to help you improve your skills, including replays of top players and tutorials that break down complex strategies. By studying these resources, you can learn new techniques and improve your overall gameplay.
Additional honorable mentions
Attack on Titan: Wings of Freedom
- Genre: Action, Adventure, Horror
- Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows
- Release Date: March 31, 2016
- Developer: Koei Tecmo Games
- Publisher: Spike Chunsoft
- Based on the popular manga and anime series, Attack on Titan: Wings of Freedom is an action-packed game that puts players in the shoes of the protagonists as they fight against giant humanoid creatures known as Titans. The game features both single-player and multiplayer modes, with the latter allowing players to team up and fight against Titans together. With its intense combat system and immersive storyline, Attack on Titan: Wings of Freedom is a must-play for fans of the series and gamers alike.
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
- Genre: Visual Novel, Strategy
- Platforms: PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita
- Release Date: February 18, 2016
- Developer: Procrasinator
- Publisher: Bandai Namco Games
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion is a prequel game to the popular anime series, Code Geass. The game follows the story of Lelouch, the main protagonist, as he attempts to overthrow the British Empire and save his sister Nunnally. Players will have to make strategic decisions and engage in battle with enemy forces to achieve their goals. With its captivating storyline and engaging gameplay, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion is a must-play for fans of the series and fans of visual novels alike.
One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Can Defeat
- Genre: Fighting, Action
- Release Date: October 27, 2018
- Developer: Spike Chunsoft
- Based on the popular manga and anime series, One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Can Defeat is a fighting game that allows players to take control of their favorite characters from the series and engage in epic battles. The game features both single-player and multiplayer modes, with the latter allowing players to team up and fight against each other. With its intense combat system and engaging storyline, One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Can Defeat is a must-play for fans of the series and fighting game enthusiasts alike.
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm series
- Platforms: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows
- Release Date: October 2007
- Developer: CyberConnect2
- The Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm series is a series of fighting games based on the popular manga and anime series, Naruto. The games feature a large cast of characters from the series, each with their own unique abilities and fighting styles. The series includes multiple installments, with each one improving upon the previous installment’s gameplay mechanics and graphics. With its engaging storyline and intense combat system, the Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm series is a must-play for fans of the series and fighting game enthusiasts alike.
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
- Genre: Action, Adventure, RPG
- Release Date: January 16, 2020
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot is an action-adventure game that follows the story of Goku and his friends as they face off against some of the most powerful enemies in the Dragon Ball Z universe. The game features both
1. What is anime?
Anime refers to a style of Japanese animation that is known for its vibrant and dynamic visuals, as well as its diverse range of storytelling. Anime covers a wide range of genres, from action-packed shonen series to heartwarming slice-of-life shows.
2. Are there any games that are based on anime series?
Yes, there are many games that are based on popular anime series. For example, the “Naruto” series has several games, including “Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm” and “Naruto X Boruto: Ninja Volunteers.” Similarly, the “Dragon Ball” series has games like “Dragon Ball Xenoverse” and “Dragon Ball FighterZ.”
3. Can I play games that are not based on anime series if I like anime?
Yes, there are many games that are not based on anime series but still have anime-inspired art styles or themes. For example, the “Kingdom Hearts” series features a crossover between Disney characters and Final Fantasy characters, and has an anime-inspired art style. Additionally, games like “Celeste” and “Ori and the Will of the Wisps” have been praised for their beautiful and expressive animation.
4. Are there any mobile games that I can play if I like anime?
Yes, there are many mobile games that are based on popular anime series. For example, “Pocket Monsters” is a mobile game based on the “Pokemon” series, while “One Piece Thousand